Opens: December 1st 2017
Closes: February 15th, 2018
Abstract Submission Guidelines
In order to submit an abstract for the congress, please login in your account (top right corner) or click HERE and go to MY CONGRESS > ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
The EACMFS member’s password is not valid for this platform but you might register as a new user.
Submission Deadline: February 15th 2018 23.59 CET
An author from each abstract is expected to attend the congress and present the poster or oral presentation.
Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by June 6 2018 will be scheduled for presentation.
Please follow the instructions given on-line, otherwise your abstract cannot be selected for review.
A summary of the guidelines is as follows:
- The abstract language is English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- The text should be not more than 300 words.
- Diagrams, tables and pictures should not appear in abstracts, only text.
- The abstract must consist of five paragraphs labelled: Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- Please keep in mind that you can submit several papers, but a speaker can only present one oral paper
- Facial Deformity Surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate
- Aesthetics Surgery
- Skin Surgery
- TMJ Disorders
- Oral Surgery/Implants
- Orthognatic Surgery
- Poster (electronic poster)
- Since the abstracts will be judged anonymously, the text should not reveal the institutional affiliation or any of the researchers.
- Do not write all the text in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- The text and the title should be free from abbreviations, except those commonly used. It should concisely address the problem and the purpose of the study.
The following structure is mandatory:
Minimum 3 words / no maximum
minimum 3 / maximum 7 keywords – chose these so that people can identify your abstract on an electronic search using these words as search terms.
maximum 300 words in total. All sections are mandatory.
What is the research question your study aims to answer?
Outline how the study was conducted.
The main findings with numerical data and statistical significance.
Discuss your results, briefly describe the principal conclusions drawn from the study.